Tutorials: LDAP Qualcom Eudora email client
How do I access the directory from Eudora?
Eudora 5.1 (light - free version): (PC)
- From the tool bar choose: Tools + Directory Services
- Select "New Databases..." button.
- Select folder tab: Network
- Select folder tab: Search options base
- Select checkbox for your-domain in database window box.
Word-wise search filter: (cn=*^0*)
You can also search by other LDAP attributes: i.e. (ou=*^0*)
- Enter name/data for search query and select the "Search" button.
- Select email recipients from the results window with the "cntl" button pressed to select each/all. Then select the "To" button.
Eudora 4.01: (Mac)
- From the Special Menu, select "Settings".
- Select the "Hosts" icon.
- In the "Directory Services" field enter the URL of the LDAP server:
- Click on "OK" to save settings.
- Check option "Live" directory service queries.
Useing of LDAP server:
- Choose "Directory Services".
- Two options at this point:
- Live preference checked: Type all or part of a name.
- Live preference un-checked: In the "Entry query" field type a full name
or partial name with an "*" as a wildcard. (i.e. dav* finds Dave and
David) Then press return.
- LDAP server will populate client with results. Select the entry you wish
to use and then "To", "Cc" or "Bcc".
Using the Finger protocol (Ctrl-U in Eudora):
Access through the finger protocol is available in Eudora. To configure Eudora
2.2, select the Tools menu and click Options. Click on the Hosts item icon and
enter the name ldap.domain.com (use name of LDAP server)
in the Finger: window. Click OK, then use
Tools|Ph (Ctrl+U) and enter the name you want to search for in the Command:
window. You can cut and paste the address into a New message window.